Queens Of The Stone Age (Primavera Sound)

Going on with the summary in images of this year's Primavera Sound. It's going to be hard for me to be very objective on this one. I love Queens Of The Stone Age and I've already seen them many times on stage. Well... Actually, I've seen Josh Homme many times on stage but it might as well have been with Eagles Of Death Metal or Them Crooked Vultures. Now that I think about it, maybe I've seen Queens Of The Stone Age less times than my failing memory seems to remember.

No surprise, though: I found their gig at Primavera Sound absolutely brilliant! A really great energy on stage and hardly enough time to catch your breath in between songs and raging guitar riffs. I have to say I was particularly pleased to hear the songs from the last record live for the first time. They do translate very well in their live versions. And they clearly show that there is so much more than "stoner rock" to this band. My only regret: the apparent lack of dynamism coming from the crowd. I kinda expected everyone to go crazy and jump around on songs like "Feel Good" or "Little Sister".

Anyway, it didn't seem to disturb the musicians too much, and particularly not Josh Homme who shared his energy and good humour throughout the concert, which ended beautifully on "Go With the Flow" and "A Song for the Dead". After this, there was virtually no one left who could impress me on that first night at Primavera Sound! Icing on the cake: I'm seeing them again in a couple of months at Rock en Seine! "I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live"...

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Commentaires